Thursday, May 6, 2010

whew

Okay so banners are done.  Made the actual cakes for the Brownie Investiture tomorrow night, just have to decorate them, that is later tonight.  Got actual brownies made for Sunday and the reception after first communion.  Went through coupons with my chickie Leslie.  Got the ivite out for the Bon Fire I am organizing next Friday (a Gtmo Goodbye, something like 50-60 people) and made Chy's invites....
Long morning.  Two days ago Alan and I finally got all our goodies boxed up for our families back home and got those off in the mail...and last night I sat down to make some more crafty stuff out of sea glass, but was un-inspired so that got put back away.

Now I am waiting on the Bremcor men to get here and change/replace my smoke detectors, something they have been trying to do for the last week.  And then off to lunch with the ladies, back for nap time.  Once the kids get home we are all taking our showers early and then heading to the hospital to get Alan and then off to church for Madie's First Reconcilitation.  The new priest here is very into confession and has asked all the parents and all elgible kids to go to confession as well.  So I am gearing up for that....I'm not nervous at all, I just don't know what I will say.  I confess my sins to God everyday and ask for forgiveness through him, not the priest so I am at a loss really what I should confess.  Do I confess that I am not to thrilled with the catholic church and it's stance homosexuality or the fact that my son may not be able to have communion, all because using gluten and dairy is a must in communion wafers.  Do I confess that I am only a practicing catholic right now because it is what I know and am unsure of what other faiths are out there.  Or that I am too scared to leave the church?  See too much for a quick confession.  Alan is confessing today. So it may be a one parent confession today...

Then after confession we have the rehersal for Brownie's at six and then back home to finish Adam's homework, get dinner and get the kids in bed by 8. Then I will be decorating a cake, then I can hit the sack.
Tomorrow is not nearly as nuts.  Only story time at the library and then some light cooking for Sunday.  I am making charro beans, avacado salad and a quiche for the communion reception.  So I am going to make the beans tomorrow, because beans are always better one to two days later.  Then tomorrow evening Madie's brownie thing....Sat is easy just rehersal for communion and decorating the church and hall and then Sunday Communion...that will take care of this week.

Next week we have little flowers and laundry.  We have to get our laundry all together so that I can start the long ardous task of packing for two months away from home.  I am only packing enough clothes for five days as I figure we will be purchasing clothing once we get back home...

The countdown has begun and I am super excited.  We really haven't sat down with the kids and explained when we will be leaving but they know it is soon....

Okay now I am off to shower, the Bremco bozos still aren't here....figures...Until later I send you all my love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment