Tuesday, November 24, 2009

No pictures yet

Well I was all set to download pics and send them out into the world-
alas, Alan has the camera.
Today Adam had a skit to do at school and we took pictures of him.  So, the camera is with the man.
Oh well, tomorrow.  See it just makes sure you keep coming back...

Okay so I told you all we are busier than a bee colony right now.  Well yesterday I was a afflicted with a killer headache, I have been getting them quite a lot lately, and was kinda out of it.  So I stayed home from work and slept and tried to make the pounding stop.  Of course by about four it was gone and I was doing fine.  So I made dinner, played with kids, helped them do their homework.  Good times I must say.  Then it happened...

My friends I am telling you, I have been a klutz lately.  Dropping things, tripping, falling down. I really think it is the dizziness brought on by the sinuses, brought on by the flora and fauna here.  So last night I am walking out the door with Madie on our way to cheer practice and the NEX, when I fell.  Somehow I tripped or missed the teeny tiny step we have on our walkway.  However it happened.  I landed hard on my knees.  Almost identical to the time I tripped when I was pregnant with Maegan and I was talking to Chy on the cell phone.  Not as embarassing as it was dark out and only Madie was there.  But the same position and everything.  Whack, down on both knees like God wanted me to kneel and pray right then.  I rolled onto my butt and wailed.  It hurt so flippin' bad.  Took my breath away and made me send for Alan.  But I got up and headed onto cheer practice and the NEX.  Mind you I haven't looked at the knees, I am afraid to see them actually.

So I go about my business, do my last minute shopping and then head home.  By this point I am starting to stiffen up and I know it is bad as I am starting to shake a bit.  So we get home and Madie asks to see my knees.  I am not ready to.  Alan gets the kids in bed and I get two ice packs for the knees and settle onto the couch for Dancing with the Stars, Donnie Osmond should win by the way.  And then I finally pulled up the pant legs and looked.  HOLY COW!!!!  There is a goose egg on my right knee so big I am a bit worried, and the purple bruising is all over.  The left knee has a nice set of scratches to go over the newly healed scratches from my last fall.  But no bruising and not a lot of swelling.  But my right knee, scared me a bit.  So I applied the ice and laid still for the two hour long show.  By the time I was ready to get up and head up the stairs I was limping.  It hurt to bend, it hurt to straighten.  It just hurt.  The worst part.  No Mortin.  Nope I can only take Tylenol. 

I made it through a ruff night of tossing and turning gently, and today I talked to my girlfriend who is a physical therapist.  She suggested I ice it some more and elevate it.  Other than that...not much I can do.  If it still is killing me tomorrow I will head into the doctors .  In the mean time I plan on icing and resting it. 

The thing that amazes me is this.  Before, when I was good and fat, this kind of fall would have hurt, but not to the point it is now.  Believe me I know.  I have had my falls.  This time, I swear it is worse because my knees aren't padded by the fat.  I have these knobby knees now and the fall smacked the poop out of them.  So this my friends has been the only disadvantage to the weight loss, knobby knees that get hurt when I fall...

I did want to update you all on my weight loss status since I mentioned it.  I am now weighing in at 220 lbs.  That is right my friends I have lost a whopping 124lbs in seven months.  I have lost a total of 16 lbs since my last docotors visit and he said he would be amazed if I lost 20lbs by my next visit.  That isn't until the end of Jan.  So I figure I am still headed in the right direction.  I still have 80 lbs to go to get to MY goal weight of 140lbs.  The doctor did say that by the time I hit the 18 month mark I would be struggling to lose.  My stomach will have streched enough by that time to accomodate bad habits again.  And I must say I can see it coming.  I have started measuring my servings just to be on the safe side.  I went through the pain and torture of the surgery, I will not let serving sizes stretch out this new stomach of mine...So I am hoping that by May and Jesse's graduation I will be down to 160 lbs.  That is my goal for right now...We shall see...

Okay now I am off, I have my super catholic girls club meeting tonight.  This time Madie and I are the hostesses, as the saint for this month is St.Monica.  She is the partoness of mothers, wives and abused women.  Her virtue is hope.  So we are making hand made beads to make into necklaces.  We are going to hope all our hard work pays off and none of the beads break...Anyway, off to make the clay.  I send you all my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment