Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bummed

I'm so BLUE!!  This Christmas season has made me a real scrooge.  I am missing our families back in the states so much right now.  Apparently I am not the only one.  A lot of people have told me that Christmas is done up so much here to help counter act the sorrow we all suffer at being away from family and friends.
And I am telling you I am BLUE!
At any rate I am trying to suck it up, and get over it in my mom's famous words, but today I got a big old blow.
Madie got her package from her Nana and Papa for her birthday.  In it was this...




Just look at how beautiful and happy they all look.  Chy and her smile, Llaurel and her grin, my handsome little brother and that hair.  Not to mention my absolutely gorgeous parents.
Only thing missing is me.  I miss them so freakin' much.  And I know, Alan and I are the ones that
left, none of them said join the Navy you freaks, move thousands of miles away, lose all your money and never be able to visit us....Well POOP...
I opened the envelope and just started crying.  Then I started thinking about all my family, my mother and father-in-law, GG, Dad and Steph, Peyton and Chris, Tammie, George and Dan, Papa Jim and Grandma Carla, Patty and Dave.  The list is endless.  So just as a shout out to all of you that are reading, and well only my family and friends read this, so just know that I miss you all.  I send you my love

No comments:

Post a Comment