Wednesday, December 9, 2009

parades and things

Okay so this weekend and week have been quiet the Christmas Extravaganza....First we had our first Gtmo Parade...It was so much like Pioneer Reunion in the fact that everyone can be in the parade.  So there was a great veriety of people.  However, here in Gtmo we have the Electric Light Parade...Yes my friends, Pioneer Reunion at night with lights...Imagine.  There were golf carts and mules all decked out with tinsel and lights, trucks and even boats.  Yep BOATS.  We had all our fire trucks out as well.  And the best part, all the "floats" came complete with music and people chunking candy at us.  I got pletted in the head at least twice.  We even had a gaggle of nutty ladies, ours were the Latinio Club, dancing and singing.  Made me miss Mrs.Graves.

Madie did get to walk and cheer in the parade.  Mind you the route was a good two miles.  She was so flippin' cute, but a real crank after it was done.  Her feet hurt, her throat hurt and she was all sweaty hot.  I tell you she was a mess.  But after she cooled off and got a drink she was better.  I have pictures but as I am writing to you all on my hubby's laptop, I have yet to download the pics....So again you must wait.

This week has been Winter Wonderland week up at the school.  Winter Wonderland is a kids shopping area that was set up and stocked with stuff for the kids to buy their families.  I know we did it in FtWorth when I was a kid and I think I even got a few things from Llaurel and Jesse from their shopping at the school.  At any rate I volunteered to help on Tuesday.  Lots of fun. Nothing like helping kindergardners to shop.  Lots of interesting things were bought.  My favorite is that some of the kids bought their moms tools.  Reminds me of mom....

Tonight we have the school concert.  The kids are going to sing some more and there is an art show before the concert.  Can I just say, whew.  I am so tired, I have been making sure to take the B12 for energy.  My little ones don't seem very excited about the concert, so I am hoping it goes well. 

Then tomorrow, REST DAY.  Maegan and I actually will be home ALL day.  Nothing is planned for tomorrow.  I do have to make a gift for a party Alan and I are going to on Friday, but that is it.  YIPPEE.  Of course that means I will be doing laundry all day, but shoot I am all for vegging in front of the tv and doing laundry. 

Friday is date night.  At 4 Alan and I will be heading to a hospital party then we will be off to Rick's Lounge to drink and celebrate the holidays with the spouses club.  Lots to do, but we are having fun...At least I think we are

So there is the update. I hope to get the pictures from the parade and the concert tonight loaded tomorrow.  Know that I miss you all and I send you my love

No comments:

Post a Comment