Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our First US Visitor and other info

So I am running around in my tank and flannel pj bottoms cleaning this morning.  Now mind you, I have no new clothes, well not many at any rate, and so my tank is 20Xs too big for me and body parts aren't covered very well.  First to come to our door.  My girlfriend Gail came to drop her daughter Rachel off.  I had invited her mind you, but completely forgot as I finally had enough time and energy to clean.  I am sure Gail got an eye full, but hey we are talking about one of my island peeps and well we share EVERYTHING, so it wasn't that big a deal. 

Then as I am scrubbing our disgusting toilet when I hear Alan cusing as his pager goes off.  A few minutes later, and I am still scrubbing the awful toilet, I hear Alan giving directions to our house to someone.  I am thinking it must be the other pharmacists they just flew in to help with the Haiti relief.  Then Alan comes in and says Devin Lewis is here and on his way over....DEVIN??  As in Devin?  I ask.  After Alan laughs at me and says yes I go into panic mode.  Shoot I have no clothes on, the downstairs isn't very pretty, yikes...So I do a mad dash for the clothes and the broom.  And of course the house is fine and in comes Devin.  He is here are part of a flight crew that is flying stuff into Haiti every day.  It was so nice to sit and talk to him and see him.  I miss the Lewis Family, such good friends....At any rate he stayed for about an hour and then told us to come see him on the Leeward side sometime this week.  He said if we go later in the day when his flights are taking off we'll get to see LOTS!  Yippee.  So hopefully we'll get to go over and see the relief effort we are doing here in Gtmo.  I was just so happy to see one of our off island friends, and having Devin be our first visitor was great.

Now for me and my plans.  I am supposed to be going to VA this week coming up.  Maegan is staying here with Gail and I am nervous as can be.  Of course I still don't know when I will be leaving.  The hospital is in charge of getting me on a flight and making my appointments and that is taking too long or something.  Anyway I will be sure to let you all know when I am headed to the US.

So other than our visitor we are having friends over tonight to make friendship bread and have dinner with us.  Of course I am sure we will fit a game in there as well.  Then tomorrow we will finish our aborted cleaning upstairs and Alan has to fix our lawn mower.  I hired two local boys to mow our lawn for a whole $16 instead of the $60 the Filipinos wanted to charge me...So now I will have a nicer mowed lawn.  Lets see what else?  Oh on Monday night Treasures and Trivia is hosting a wine and cheese night to bring in all our memembers to shop.  That and the board wants it to be my "thank you" night.  Then I may be leaving on Tuesday.  If I don't then back to work on Wed and all that jazz.

Nothing new with the kids.  It is back to being pretty dang hot outside, today it is 95, and so even though Adam has been outside ALL afternoon, he is now here in the house complaining that he is bored.  Madie and Rachel are playing PayDay and Maegan is moping and sweeping with her cleaning stuff from Santa.  I am about to go check my roast, mop my kitchen and make the kids clean up their crafts that they did earlier.  Good times...I hope your lives are as fun packed as mine, I send you my love

No comments:

Post a Comment