Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Adam, Adam, Adam...

Oh my let me tell you about the boy once more. You all knew that a boy is not something I exactly hoped for way back when. That said, can I just say, my Adam is such a freakin' boy, my worst nightmare. And I LOVE IT!!!

So yesterday Adam had his first soccer practice. He is on a team of mixed boys and girls, ages 4-6. It really sucks for him. He is pretty darn good at chasing a ball, kicking it and by golly he actually makes goals, ALOT. Anyway, since there aren't enough kids here that are interested in playing soccer the teams are broken up strangely such as his team where he has a 4yro who can't follow the simple direction of follow the ball, to Adam and his buddy who charge the other players with the ball being passed between them. Needless to say it is a comedy to watch. However, that said he loved it. Between school, playing and soccer this kid is never going to get clean again and he is just beside himself with the joy of life. Thank you God for this gift....

And the other thing about my boy. He is so open and just a, well this is what he told me two nights ago. It started with a request to talk to me by myself later that night. He reminded me three times that night and when he finally got a chance to get me alone he confided in me this gem: " Mom, you know that girl Katerina. She and I are in love." I replied with a nod and hummm, okay. At which point he says to me, " We are really in love mom, we already got married and everything. I know it isn't real, but we are planning on getting married later, like when we are old, you know about 15. Okay mom?" I was trying to take it all in. My son's first love... and besides living in that moment and loving it, I was thinking. Dang it we have been in the wedding spot before and there was a lot of kissing, yikes. So I said to him..."I am so glad you found someone to love Adam. I am so happy for you. But absolutely no kissing. NONE, not even kissing on the cheek babe, okay save that for the real wedding." At which point, with a serious look on his face he said, "okay mom. Thanks for letting me tell you. Night, Love you." I will never forget his little face and the seriousness of his demeanor and his trust in telling me. Now how do I keep that alive in my little man???

Other than that, we have been cleaning, there is black dirt and white dust here, everywhere. And grocery shopping. We went the other night, only to discover the store closed 45 minutes after we got there. So we finished it tonight. I didn't find mason jars or lids, so when I am in VA I am going to have to buy jars. My plan is to sell salsa at the next craft fair. At any rate my list for getting things in VA is growing. I finally found the scales and I am happy to tell all of you that I now weigh 240. That is 104lbs lost. 96lbs to goal. I have been stuck here at this or close to this weight for a bit now, which is supposed to happen, but still. So I really have to kick it up a notch this week to jump start the metabolism again. So I thought I would start by working everyday of the week. Yep that is right I got the job at the thrift store. I start on Monday. I talked to the group of ladies that run the store and they all seem like it is a no brainer job. Then I went in to talk to the lady working there now, and she had nothing positive to say. Apparently the Jamaicans and the Filipinos do nothing but steal, lie and try to bargain with you. They also try to pass off their native money as American. She was very angry at the whole experience she had while working there. Took that with a grain of salt. After talking to the board of operators again after talking to her, it looks like she never communicated with them, blah, blah. This is all I know. I get to take my kid. I can change the hours to suit me and I still get paid for it. Not too bad. Plus it looks like I may only have to work for the first year, so I am fine with working for now. We shall see how it goes....

Okay so I am off to clean the kids and send them to bed. Tonight I get to watch my show. Ghost Hunters. I was so excited to find out the cable here has SyFy. Yippee. I send you all my love....

1 comment: