Thursday, September 24, 2009

First and foremost thank you all for the birthday love. I have gotten so many birthday wishes from you all. It is so freakin' nice and has made my day. I was laying in bed last night giving thanks to God for another year when I started thinking. My Asian friends tell me that in the orient they begin a child's life at 1 year, they don't start counting by weeks, or months. A child is born it is a year. So for instance if I were in the orient I would be 34 now, not 33. So I have celebrated being alive for 33 years and am embarking on 34th. Which really got me all worked up because I just aged myself another year. At this rate I'll be forty way too soon. So after fretting about how old I was for a good five minutes, I got hold of myself and decided that I really am 33, not 34 and life was good enough for me to sleep. Whew.

Now on to the really good news. OUR STUFF IS HERE. Yeppers. We got a call yesterday from the "men" and they said they would be here sometime tomorrow to drop all our crap off. 14 crates full of stuff. 14. Can you believe that? What is worse, the average house down here is 11 to 13. Yeah we have too much stuff. And can I tell after living first in Peyton's house and now here with the bare essentials, I can't wait to get my stuff. I don't need it, that is for sure. But by golly I can't wait to have it. It is more exciting than Christmas my friends. We get to sleep in our own bed tomorrow. I am rolling up the egg crates and packing them away. I already packed up the small box of kitchen stuff they let us borrow and cleaned out our clothes and the kids toys from the borrowed dressers and nightstands. All of our borrowed stuff will be moved out at 7:30 am tomorrow morning. I am hoping to get some pictures of the loaner furniture before they come and get it tomorrow. Lord knows how that will go. The only depressing thing about this is that in a short 28 months we will be back in this same position with the loaner stuff. I am keeping a list of all the things we really needed this go round and that way I know what to not let the movers pack for our trip out. I am also keeping all the egg crates, damn foam...

On top of that, I did get to change the hours to the store so I am only working M,W and F. So nice, as I have thousands of things going on.

So tonight for my birthday we are going to eat at the Bayview, the nice restaurant. They have Mongolian Barbeque on Thursdays. My first Asian food since being here. Hey if any of you have good chinese food, or schezuan type recipes send them on. We have no "ethnic" places here. Just run of the mill restaurants. I am hoping that I kept my Italian cook book as well as my Tex Mex one. I am dying for the taste of "American" food. Of course, I make food which ends up being a ton, I eat my whole 1/2 to 1 cup helping of it and then Alan eats the rest. Well whatever the girls don't eat. Needless to say my man is getting bigger. He keeps telling me at this rate he will get kicked out of the Navy for being too fat. Ah the dilemma

So tomorrow I will be off line as I work to get the house in order, again YIPPEE. And then this weekend will be full with Adam's soccer game, a date for the birthday with Alan, a membership drive I have to go to on Sunday and I teach my first CCD class on Sunday as well. How in the hell did I get so busy so quickly???

I send you all love and I will talk to you all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment