Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Holy Cow, has it really been four days? YIKES!! Well we have our stuff. I am beside myself with joy, anxiety, confusion and being overwhelmed. Talk about a huge task. The last time we moved Alan was home when the movers arrived and he had most of the house just about set up. Now sitting here I realize what a phenomenal job he did. It has been four days and we have two beds set up, the kitchen put away and the furniture where we want it. The table still has no legs attached, Adam and Maegan's beds are completely disassembled and the couch is on the floor not on it's feet. I will say we had some major losses this time as well. The move was hard on all our furniture. A leg on our couch was completely ripped off, fixable if we lived where there was a Lowes...our Ikea dresser was in pieces. The movers fixed it to a usable piece, but it will have to be replaced. We lost another chair in this move. A leg and rung were snapped in half, that leaves us three chairs...Just a lot of big damage, so far no broken tchachkis though we have yet to unpack all of them. We did discover that we have way too much. After living without for so long and then being inundated by all this stuff, Lord have mercy. We are getting rid of stuff left and right. For example, we have about thirty cups for the kids. REALLY?? Who in the hell needs 30 freakin' cups for 3 kids? I discovered that when you have less you tend to actually get dishes done EVERYDAY and that you use less. So this family has a new goal. Simplify.....How we are going to accomplish this???

So today is going to be a killer for the family. Adam has soccer, I have lector training, Alan has a school advisory council meeting, I then have cooking club, and we have to be home by 9pm so that Alan and I can see who is voted off Dancing with the Stars...whew. Lots to do, and all of it to be done between 5 and 8pm. Jammed packed. But it promises to be a good day. The whole family is suffering nasal drip, and I am talking drip here, drainage, sore throats and headaches. I think it is all the packed stuff. I am sure there are things on the barges as well as the pollen and allergens we packed from VA. We are all suffering I tell you. The school nurse called me yesterday at work to tell me she gave Adam some benedryl for his itchy eyes and throat. I swear Adam goes to the nurse every other day. So much more than last year. I think he gets a bit overwhelmed at school and she is a good haven to go to.

Speaking of the school, can I just say, amazing. Nothing compared to Thoroughgood, but still more than I imagined. There is something to be said for small schools. The counselor visits the classrooms once a week and has an open door to all at all times, the nurse is available for talking, visiting and sickness at all times, and the principals are so friendly to the kids. The kids can go chat with them as well. It is just such an open campus. I really am glad the kids are attending. I think Adam visits the nurse for a few reasons, 1st grade is so hard, the nurse is his connection to feeling physically better, and he knows her. She goes to mass with us and sits in our pew. She teaches CCD, but not his class, so he sees her everywhere. I really think that helps a bunch. I am so grateful for her that is for sure.

So lets see this weekend the kids started CCD, Sunday school. Madie's teacher is her friend Isiah's mom. Her name is Monique and they live three doors down the road. Adam's teacher is Brianna. Her husband is Alan's tech, the chief actually. So we know them from the pharmacy. And Maegan's teacher is a random lady, but she comes into the shop every few days so she and Maegan are really hitting it off. They all seemed to enjoy the classes. I am not teaching, which is such a blessing. The one kids I was going to teach bowed out, so I called and said, great. I am overextended as it is. So I am off the hook, thank God. Not that I would have minded teaching, but I have way over promised myself to too much, in the hopes of meeting new people and being part of the community here. So I am thankful for the reprieve.

Well I am off to unpack the big computer and get my desk in order, at least that is what I want to do. If it gets done is another matter. Snot is dripping out of my face at a rapid rate and my head is pounding, so we shall see. At the very least, the table needs some legs so we can stop eating on the floor.

I send you all my love...ooh and if I can get the desk unpacked, there is a camera in there, whoo hoo...

No comments:

Post a Comment