Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Since it is such a slow day for us today I thought I would share some of the less glamorous side of the life here.
This is a picture of the commissary and Navy Exchange. It is small like Walmart before it got Supersized. The building has a courtyard in the middle and the banks a Subway and a few other little store line the outsides.
This is a picture of the bowling alley, the teen hang out spot, and famous military restaurant conglomerate. All housed in one oddly shaped building
This is our everyday restaurant, Windjammer.
The food is okay, what you would find if you ate at say a Petro station, well maybe not that good. It is decent, just not great. The Windjammer is also home to Pizza Hut, they are the same restaurant, you either order off the Jammer menu or you have pizza. This is also where most of the balls happen and there is an Irish Pub located inside.

No wasted space in GTMO. Like I said very surreal.


So today it looks like the garage they have been making out of our carport may be finished, yippee. I also just heard people talking on the other side of the wall, so maybe we will be getting duplex neighbors soon. Alan said that the Chaplain that was living there left the weekend before we got here.

And that my friends is all I have for today. I send you my love...



No comments:

Post a Comment