Friday, September 18, 2009

What a week. I can't believe it is already Friday again. The month is flying by I tell you. So here in GTMO we get cable provided by the government. We have about 50 channels and we can purchase the movie channels as well, but really it is only me and Maegan who ever watch it, so what is the point. Anyway, it is basic cable. No Disney, HGTV, Noggin. That kinda thing. Oh and no Tivo, DVR things. The kids keep asking me to stop the show, yeah right...What they do have? Commercials. And they kill us all. Depending on where the channel is coming from. For example we can get the news coming out of New York and Miami. But we also get channels piped in from Chicago and there is another channel that is piped in but we haven't figured out where it is coming from. So the commercials come from all over. We are being taunted by Jack in the Box, Whataburger and a few others that make us all crazy. But the worst. The absolute worst are the movies. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is out today, that movie with Jenn Aniston, The Informant. I am telling you there isn't a ton to do on Friday nights and we would love to hit the movies, but it takes a long time to get a movie here and once it does it is on a rotation for about two months before it is replaced by another one. Needless to say, all I hear is that the kids want to see Cloudy, or the double feature 3D Toy Story coming to theaters on Oct2. I guess what I am saying to you all, enjoy the movies my friends. When we come back in May Lord knows we will be seeing an ass load of them.

Okay so this weekend is going to be FULL.... We have soccer tomorrow morning, still have no clue where or what time...then we have a Brownie Scout Pet Wash fundraiser. Yep, we get together at the leader's house and wash pets. I am sending Alan, can you just imagine me and my allergies around 50 wet dogs? And then Sunday we are off to watch the Cubans roll cigars. Lots of fun. In the mean time...

Madie and I are on a walking mission. Yesterday we finally walked two miles. We have been doing 1 1/2 but we pushed it to two last night. We hope to build up to four or five by the end of Oct. We shall see how that goes. We want to walk to school, at least that is our plan. School is only 2 1/2 miles away, but we do have some pretty steep hills to climb so that will be a big push. There are windmills here and a trail you can climb up to them. From our house it is a total of five miles to the top. Until then we will keep on truckin around the neighborhood park.

Monday Maegan and I start work at the thrift store. We work for about four hours on M,W and F. So it shouldn't be too bad, but I am a bit worried about keeping Maegan busy. There are things she will be able to help me with at the store, and I plan on packing her backpack with activities, but I am worried she will be quite bored. Which will in turn make me nuts because she will be all over me. I was talking to Alan last night, and while I need to have a job, it has been a good nine years since I worked, and can I say. YUCK, I really have no desire to work. Of course I guess that is what just about everyone feels hugh. Ahh now I am finally living the life....I love you all

1 comment:

  1. /Users/susan/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Nasher Museum/Photo0011.jpg This is a test. I don't know if I can send photos this way or not. You are lighting up my day with your tales. Thank You so much for that! I 'm still working on my communication methods., I have been sitting here for what seems like weeks. I am going through all our photos, trashing, organizing, labeling. . . There are a little more than 8,000 pics that span 8 years. We'll see. Plz let me know if you get this

    ReplyDelete