Sunday, September 6, 2009

This is the hidden beach, called Pebble beach. We had a ball here. We found all kinds of shells, and a ton of sea trash. Lots of bottle caps and chewed up flip flops. I tell you, all the trash ends up here.
This picture is over looking the cliffs by the lighthouse. This is the original reason I had Alan pull off the road. I then got the kids and Alan to pose in front of the crashing part of the cliffs for me. But seriously look at that water!! Never thought I would see this kind of sea in my entire life.

So a few nights ago the moon was full and I had the camera. This is the real GTMO. See all the brown, the hills, the shrubs. I swear I am living in parallel world between Lawton and Cuba.


This a picture of the beach we originally went to before we hiked around and found Pebble beach. This is called Cable Beach. Seriously these are the beaches and we are supposed to just jump right into the water. I haven't exactly built my nerve up as of yet.

Again Cable Beach. That area of land in the back ground is where we decided to hike and off behind that boulder popping out into the sea is Pebble Beach. Again look at that water. Amazing. We could see straight down. No fish whatsoever.




This picture was taken spur of the moment while we were taking an exploratory drive around yesterday. The water here is so blue and clear. I could see all the boulders under the surface that the waves were breaking on. Most of the sea that surrounds our area looks like this.





This is a picture that Adam insisted I take of the sky. He was going on and on about how beautiful the sky was and what wonderful colors God used. The house well it is ours, only in the picture, the side of the duplex that is ours you can't see. Better pics coming






This is Madie on her first day of school at WT Sampson Elementary School







Same for Adam. You can tell he isn't too happy to be going.


Okay that is all for the pictures for tonight. It takes forever for the internet here. It is like dial up back home. It has taken me over an hour to get these few pics downloaded. Which means my laptop is dying.
So tomorrow I will add more. I have a few pictures left to share and then we will be on a picture sharing holding pattern. I did laundry yesterday and threw Alan's shorts into the wash complete with my camera. So it is d-e-a-d DEAD! That said I did go to our NEX and they have an Olympus camera that is water, child, drop, freeze and shock proof. So I think we may be switching brands and going with the Olympus camera. I do plan on snorkeling while here and I would be able to do that with the new camera. So, until we have enough cash enjoy what pictures we have. Until tomorrow, Stay safe you all...







These next few photos are from around the base. Like I said we went on an exploratory adventure yesterday and found all kinds of things. The kids found a real live snail coming out of the ocean and crabs galore. We all discovered that we could really get into the whole hiking thing, especially if our hikes end like yesterdays did with a hidden beach. We of course came to find out that the "hidden" beach is actually called Pebble Beach and everyone knows about it. Oh well it was deserted when we went.









2 comments:

  1. These pictures are so pretty and I am so excited to get to see all of them. I am ready to come visit you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come wherever you want to nut,we can't wait to have you

    ReplyDelete