Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thought I would share some other, not as awe inspiring photos.
This is a rocky outcropping that I thought looked amazing. This is at Cable Beach

I like this photo because you can see just how clear the water is.

This is a picture of some dead coral. It is at Cable Beach as well. The walls of this beach are all old coral. It is so interesting to look at. You can see all the different types. I will add some more pictures of the coral up close tomorrow.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today we had Open House at the kids school. We got a chance to go into their classrooms and see what they do all day. The classrooms are huge, two classrooms are used for each class, so there is plenty of space for the kids. Each of the classes has a library the kids get to use as well bathrooms and fridges. The kids get snack everyday as well as a chance to go to centers and do something they really love. For Adam he said he always picks the legos and Madie loves the math as well as the science centers. Needless to say they are really enjoying school. It is totally different than Thouroghgood. Madie really struggled to get some of the concepts and get reading under her belt. This year seems like a breeze compared to last year. She is thriving in this environment that is for sure. Adam, I have no clue what they do everyday and if he is learning. He is not exactly a font of information. I have volunteered to help his class so maybe I will see what he does there all day. He is definitely not getting his little butt kicked by the assignments like Madie was last year. That said the assignments are nothing like they were for last year. I keep waiting for it to get more challenging for them, but it hasn't so far. Which leads me to believe there really was a reason that VaBeach schools were rated 6th in the nation. I have to say I kinda wish we were still there. It kicked their butts but talk about an education.
We also met some new friends at the library today. I have been invited for the morning coffee at Lori's house on Tuesdays. My first play date, can't wait....
Until tomorrow, I send my love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment