Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our Amazing Kids

Some recent quotes and comments from the kids:

MAEGAN---Friday when the movers where bringing in our stuff, there were boxes with "master bedroom" on them. The movers would come into the kitchen with boxes and ask me where to put them. Maegan was sitting watching all the goings on and asked me what master meant. I explained that mine and Alan's bedroom was called the "Master Suite." She in turn told asked me who the master was. I told her that Dad and I were, at which point she looked me dead in the eye and said "No Mom, God the Master."

ADAM--- He was outside playing with all his friends. He came in very upset, and I was trying to figure out what the problem was. Apparently his best friend Elijah was listening to his iPod and wanted to play, but wouldn't take the earphones out and really play. Adam's comment: "Doesn't he understand that you can't be a good friend and have fun if you are always plugged in?"

MADIE--- She has been wanting to watch Bridge to Teribithia for quite some time. It was finally on one day and she had a chance to watch it. Two days later she is curled up on the chair with me and she starts crying. She finally explains that in the movie the best friend dies. After she catches her breath, she says to me:"It really sucked Mom, they make you fall in love with a person and then take them away. What kinda movie people make these shows. They are awful. I want to watch good movies with good endings. Let the dieing happen in real life, I was make believe in the movies."

I have no idea how we have managed to raise such wonderful children. Okay I take that back. It is a constant struggle against the forces of evil I tell you. A parent struggles and struggles to find that balance between crazy over zealous protectiveness and hippie run amok. I whole heartily believe that a village is raising my three. They would never have been as wonderful without the guidance of our families and friends. My village in VaBeach, Joy, Cathryn, Tammie and Peyton helped so much. And now here... God has his plans I tell you. Maegan and I have been inundated with love. Everyone knows she works with me and Friday two different moms came to the shop to get Maegan and take her to the library. And today, a mom came and got her and took her to play group. So I send it out there to the cosmos, thank you. THANK YOU! I thank God, and all you wonderful people who have blessed our lives. Oh and I love you too....

No comments:

Post a Comment